Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Wow it's so long...

Best quotes of the week:

"We're Number One in the Number Two business." - on the back of a waste truck.

"After all, it's no fun living off baked beans while trying to get rich." - Investing Without Fear (article by Helen C-K)

"Most of the time in our world, truth is just opinion." - Anil's Ghost (book by Michael O)

"Once, a love-struck couple got their braces stuck together and they had to call in the SES." - Prelude to a Miss (article by Justin H.)

Now for ramble.

I've realised that when I press "Enter" on this it doesn't go to the next line, it just creates room at the bottom. Why? How can I rectify this problem?

Next. As my St Ives High buddies (as well as anyone in year 12 in Australia) will know, we're getting results back this week. I've decided to stop caring so much about the HSC as my wonderful Economics teacher reminded us, it is indeed not the end of the world. You still wake up the morning after.
I've also realised that it's impossible for everyone to be good at everything. I know this seems obvious, but coming from someone who can study for hours and hours for maths then STILL fail, I have to realise that no-one's brain works the same way. Some people are really good at maths - they have the logical thinking and photographic memory required. Some, like me, won't ever be able to grasp that skill. I've also realised that some people are naturally gifted at English. They write so fluently and effortlessly. I know many people will agree it's great to read a well-written and interesting story, or watch a movie with good dialogue and an awesome storyline.
Anyway, all that doesn't really have to do with anything but I just felt like writing. =) I also notice that randomly in the middle of the day I will think of something to write about on my blog.. but I won't have the capabilities (such as being stuck at school) to go and write a post, or I may not have the right frame of mind for writing.
---- Don't you just love those moments when you have a creative inspiration and also the needed level of effort to form a masterpiece? They're so rare for me. Ah well, I'll always enjoy reading the creations of other people.

In conclusion, there is no conclusion.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh I absolutely hate it when I need to write something but don't have the right frame of mind for it.

    And "We're Number One in the Number Two business" is hilarious! xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked "In conclusion, there is no conclusion." the best. It made me laugh.

    ...Really, it did.

    ReplyDelete