Sunday, November 21, 2010

LoL - "poopsi" (Tidbits)

I have a bunch of ideas to write into a blog post but none of them are substantial enough to make a blog post each. Hence, I have a bunch of saved ideas that are not yet published.

IDEA!

I write a blog post that incorporates a lot of mini-thoughts to make it into one decent sized post. :)

1. The Blog Title
As you all know, usually when we write a comment on each other's blogs, or sign in to places there is a word filter to get rid of bots. Usually it's a bunch of random letters but sometimes it makes something quite funny. Like when I commented on erinny's blog post just before and had to type in "poopsi". Teehee. :D Comment if you've ever had a weird combination of letters.

2. ASL
Age Sex Location? How about THE MOST BORING INTERNET CONVERSATION STARTER EVER. I use Omegle occasionally to talk to randoms on the internet (Click Here) and at least 90% start their conversation with "asl?". I can see their point of view, they want to know if they'll have something in common with the other. It's rare for a 12 year old female to have a good conversation with a 40 year old man. *cough* dodgy *cough* But the thing that really bugs me, is being an 18 year old female opens the option for the other (usually male, as Omegle is full of desperate male pathetic weirdos after text sex) to start "hitting" on me. ALL I WANT IS A CONVERSATION. YOU CANNOT FALL IN LOVE OVER OMEGLE. Or have sex for that matter. Dude, it's the internet. Type "boobs" in Google for Christ's sake. I have never ever ever had a good conversation that started with "asl?" before. Except once. If the other person does happen to be male and in the same age range, and doesn't want cyber (yes they're hard to come across), it still makes it awkward. What else do you talk about now that you know (or think you know) the basics of your not-so-mysterious Stranger? I much prefer the random conversations about nothing, where you can slowly ascertain the asl of your Stranger through talking about things (if you want). As for conversational starters, if you asl me, I'm just gonna click that big shiny "DISCONNECT" button. (:

3. Cleaners
I'm referring here to cleaners of public spaces. Like at schools or public toilets inside shopping centres. I really appreciate their work. It's free for me (because I'm not yet a tax payer) and I enjoy the fact that I can have clean hallways/toilets (reasonably) and that I don't have to do it myself. But the thing is, how do I thank them? At school I tried to give them smiles but they bowed their heads like submissive puppies. I don't think I'm above them at all, and I hope other people agree, they're just people doing their job. I feel bad though if I just ignore them or pretend they're not there. Would it be weird for me to wish them a good day? People are so cold and ignorant of each other these days that it's even difficult to say "hello" while walking along the street (except my suburb which is relatively friendly). Add to that my incurable shyness of strangers.

I hope you enjoyed those rants. Feel free to comment. I feel very accomplished to have actually written a decent-sized post. You all know how infrequent I write blog posts, but now I've done 2 in just a week! Yay!

Over and out.
- AwesomeSauce.

3 comments:

  1. 1. I have had MANY funny letters. I was also going to make a post about it.

    2. Don't say there are only desperate guys, there are probably desperate girls wanting the same thing. Or really desperate guys who pretend to be girls. Now THAT would be funny.

    3. Many public cleaners speak very little English and may even be embarrassed about their job. They don't want to be noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LoL at Emily's point number 2.

    Trust me Kirra the cleaners out our school don't speak English or they try to ignore me everytime I say hi to them. You're not alone xD

    Congrats on 2 blog posts in one week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. last day at snives i left a post-it note in the cleaners cupboard saying thank you

    walker caught me lurking n was about to bust me when he saw the note
    lol such awkwardness has been rarely seen by me

    ReplyDelete