Some random with Pectus Excavatum
One in 300 people suffer from a chest deformity known as Pectus Excavatum (Latin for hollowed chest) a.k.a. "pigeon chest" or as I call it "concave chest". In 37% of cases an immediate family member (usually a parent) has suffered from it. Mild cases have the only effect of looking odd, while more extreme cases can push around vital organs such as the heart and may cause breathing difficulties etc.
This defect can be worsened by a bad posture and lack of exercise. It can be improved with more exercise such as running, jogging, swimming or yoga. Invasive as well as non-invasive surgical procedures may be carried out to improve the appearance of the chest wall, or to help counteract negative side-effects.
I have had this since I was born and when I was younger it made me look skinnier. As I got older, I became self-conscious about my chest and only wore certain bikinis and never low-cut shirts. It didn't help that I have skinny shoulders and bad posture. However, today I stumbled upon the actual name on the Internet and it made me feel a lot better. I found some exercises I can do to help my condition. It's not something that worries me so much, I just didn't know so many other people had it too. I know everyone is dealt many different cards in life, and this is just what I have. It's not weird or abnormal, it's just something I have to live with and improve myself.
Enjoy the rest of your week. :)


This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete