Thursday, July 15, 2010

Kirra decides to be a 45 yr old man for a day and this is what happens...



Hi Everyone! Emily and I were being cool and she was showing me this link... which I shall share with you at the end of this post. First though, I have a short story I just made up.

Enjoy!

I was walking along, minding my own business when SUDDENLY a strange urge came over me. I decided I wanted to... BECOME A BIRD. So anyway, I went to the local bookshop and bought "Magic For Dummies". Went home and practiced. It looked easy. I could make coins and handkerchiefs disappear. At the same time... I decided to have some birthday whiskey my mum had given me a few years back. I'd never got around to opening it. I was having such a ball. "Man I feel like a woman" was playing and I turned it up and danced around. I got the book again, opened it to the "animals" page. There was a picture of something that resembled a bird... at least I thought it was..

So I read the magic words.
I said them out loud. I mighta slurred a bit, but it seemed perfectly fine.
Then, when done, I stumbled to bed.

The next day... I woke up feeling strange.. I walked slowly to the mirror. At least I think I walked...
There .. staring back at me
was a huge.. shiny...


GOLDEN ASS!

Click here for Kirra's inspiration!

1 comment:

  1. Apuleius' Metamorphoses. Nice. I actually think that Kafka may have been influenced by this book when he wrote his Metamorphosis.

    "As Gregor Samsa awoke one morning from uneasy dreams he found himself transformed in his bed into a gigantic insect."

    That beginning's pretty close to your ending there. ;)

    ReplyDelete